How to become a volunteer?
- Who are the volunteers? Volunteers are people who provide various assistance to all those who need it, on a voluntary and free of charge basis. It implies a wide range of activities: from physical assistance to moral support. In Europe, this has long been widespread. In Russia, the movement of volunteers is still gaining momentum, so in any field, in whatever you want to provide all possible assistance, you will be welcome. Where are volunteers needed?
- Why do people become volunteers?
- What do you need to become a volunteer?
- How to become a volunteer at the 2018 World Cup?
Who are the volunteers?
Volunteers are people who provide various assistance to all those who need it, on a voluntary and free of charge basis. It implies a wide range of activities: from physical assistance to moral support.
In Europe, this has long been widespread. In Russia, the movement of volunteers is still gaining momentum, so in any field, in whatever you want to provide all possible assistance, you will be welcome.
Where are volunteers needed?
Virtually any public organization whose activity is aimed at helping socially vulnerable groups of the population needs to be willing to help. These organizations include:
- child homes;
- animal shelters;
- nursing homes, etc.
In addition to institutions of this kind, the temporary need for volunteers arises when organizing major international events, for example, World Festival of Youth and Students , World Cup, Universiade etc.
Why do people become volunteers?
People who feel the need to help their neighbor, their responsibility for what is happening around and cannot remain indifferent to the grief of others come to this kind of activity. Only bright thoughts and optimism lead to volunteering, as this is financially ungrateful business.
However, this business is not at all simple, it requires moral and physical costs, takes a lot of time and makes you look at the many horrors of life through the eyes of the wards. However, sea lakes bring great satisfaction and makes the life of the volunteers themselves brighter, fuller and richer.
What do you need to become a volunteer?
1. It is necessary to make sure that you are ready to work for free and are able to objectively treat all those who need help. In this field, it is important to always be ready to help everybody in every way, without isolating one or the other.
2. It is important to choose an interesting and acceptable for you activity. Someone with great pleasure will help people with disabilities, and someone will clean the city from debris. If you have certain skills and experience, such as caring for a sick or elderly person or working with animals, it is advisable to apply them for their intended purpose and provide assistance in a nursing home or animal shelter, respectively.
3. Selecting the scope of activities, you need to find a suitable volunteer organization and apply for participation in the movement. Depending on the scale of the project, this can be done on the Internet or in person to bring the application. Directly to the activity it will be possible to start only after passing a number of procedures, and in some cases - a certain training.
4.So how many years you can become a volunteer - a question that each organization decides for itself. Of course, if a person has not yet reached the age when he is able to bear responsibility for himself, there is no question of entrusting him with someone else’s health, property, and even life. Therefore, if you are less than 16 years old, for now you can help the world with your own resources: by donating separate garbage collection, storing homeless animals from your yard in good hands, helping elderly neighbors, and so on. In this way, you only prepare yourself for such activities and can finally decide for yourself whether you are ready to do this or not.
How to become a volunteer at the 2018 World Cup?
For the 2018 World Cup, 20,000 volunteers are recruited. Volunteer centers of the World Cup officially opened in the cities- championship participants throughout the territory of Russia December 10, 2015.
Becoming a World Cup volunteer is not at all difficult: there are no special requirements, with the exception of the age of 18 years and older. After a special selection, participants undergo a three-stage training to keep abreast of all the intricacies of the upcoming event. Three months before the start of the World Cup, volunteers should be ready to solve the tasks ahead.